Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day 2008

This grandfather served in WWI. This was the first funeral that I went to.

ADRIAN, CLARENCE ALEXANDER
SGT US ARMY
WORLD WAR I
DATE OF BIRTH: 03/05/1894
DATE OF DEATH: 02/22/1966
BURIED AT: SECTION 28 ROW B SITE 20
LOS ANGELES NATIONAL CEMETERY
950 SOUTH SEPULVEDA BOULEVARD LOS ANGELES, CA 90049

My father served in WWII in Paris,France (non combat-he was a clerk typist)

HUTCHINGS, ROBERT H
PFC US ARMY
WORLD WAR II
DATE OF BIRTH: 01/31/1914
DATE OF DEATH: 11/21/1987
BURIED AT: SECTION 19A SITE 3596
RIVERSIDE NATIONAL CEMETERY
22495 VAN BUREN BOULEVARD RIVERSIDE , CA 92518

Since I cannot visit gravesites, I have to honor them virtually. When I was watching Young Indy, I enjoyed the documentary of the actual places they showed. I have several pictures of these two along with others that I can share later. Today, I can go to our local Veterans wall in Irving and honor all our military with a simple prayer. I have never forgotten our military. There is a flag at the end which is the POW/MIA one. I think about those who have given their life for freedom's light, and honor them as well. I know that those who do that are watched over by God

In doing some research, I discovered that a group keeps track of graves in the European theater, I had remember watching the massive amount of troops who were lost in combat. I have one who is buried in France.

http://www.stripes.com/

1 comment:

Sally said...

That's neat, Bonnie. I didn't know that your dad and your grandfather were servicemen. I hope you had a nice Memorial Day.