Thursday, May 1, 2008

May Reflections

When I was young, I seemed to like to watch things in the sky from what I remember. I used my imagination and that from stories mom would read to me until I could do that on my own. My first job encouraged me to go to school, of which I did. I was reminded of a song that was done in Yentl:

from "This is One of Those Moments"
On my mind, will be written in my heart
As long as I live!
I can, travel the past and take what I need
To see me through the years
What my father learned and his
Father before him will be there
For my eyes and ears.
I can walk through the forests
Of the trees of knowledge
And listen to the lessons of the leaves.
I can enter rooms
Were there are rooms within rooms

Oh, that I could identify with, of having the world of knowledge open before me. Dad had wanted me to work first, then go to school. So I had not had the opportunity to know what I wanted to be that would bring me even greater income. I took a computer class, and discovered that I liked it. I was great working with someone trying to figure out what I was doing. That is where I picked up a love for computers. It was the timing. I am so grateful for a special friendship I had developed. We had gone to school together, and then he was working at a place I would be. That was the start of my further spiritual development. I had found a religious organization that fit my belief system I was baptized 09 June 1979, a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (aka Mormon, but I don’t use it too often).

I have been watching Young Indy documentary as I am going through my experiences. It is interesting that Lucas and his company has done so well in their sharing. I am learning things that I can study on my own, and have been doing, and will continue to do. I know that everything always points to God, and so I personally can see it too. It just depends upon trusting in God and asking Him, and we can use the tools that come from the internet to help us if we know how to use it.

Lucas is sharing about how Indy and actual events in history are related. That is great. That lead me to serendip, as well. The rest, I just find interesting.

No comments: